Welcome

Navigation
  1. Forums
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Megathread
darkeclipse21

Final Fantasy XIV Megathread

Given that this is a Final Fantasy forum and all, I figured there was a decent chance that other people have accounts in FFXIV. I only started playing recently (which is a heck of a late start), but I figured I'd start off by posting my own details, and see who does/doesn't play.

Server: Aether
World: Jenova
Name: Hyde Lowe
Primary Role: Tank (Warrior)

Edited by darkeclipse21

I don't play! ?

I'd probably play if they added more non-humanish races and I didn't already have an MMORPG addiction.

I played quite a few MMOs through middle school, but they had primarily been small, free ones, since I wasn't old enough to pay a subscription. At some point I had grown an aversion to the concept, because they usually petered out for me somewhere around the time everything is either slightly too high leveled to kill, or too low level to be worth experience.
I had been replaying a lot of older Final Fantasies, though, and wanted to play a Dark Knight in a steadier fashion (Bravely Default was the clincher, actually, but you don't get the class until relatively late). I found that it was an option in FFXIV, so I got it and started playing it...
Only to be 30 days in and still many, many hours of content away from the option to spec into it.

I've been enjoying the game a lot, though. I tend to be pretty obsessive with the things I play anyways, so it's been a good fit. Especially because it can't be beaten, I can't get to the final dungeon and chicken out; the reminder I'm paying for it also convinces me to play. I can handle repetitive tasks, so mining and leveling all of the crafting skills hasn't proven to be an issue for me. I dragged a few friends into it too, which helps, but schedules are difficult to coordinate when everyone is an adult and still trying to squeeze in other games. I don't have enough experience with MMOs, to really judge how worth it is in comparison to, say, WOW, but I've been entertained for the last 30 or so days

I haven't played Final Fantasy XIV yet but I jumped right across it to FFXV because of how some people told me about the game which is true in some way, it's only the issue of the game seeming to me somehow gay based that I don't like about it but over all, it's a good game. Maybe I will still give FFXIV a try sooner or later. 

Final Fantasy XIV is an MMO, I played it for a long time. But I recently stopped. The game has become increasingly stale for me, and for those that do play it, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say Eureka is terrible. I played on the Leviathan server.

9 hours ago, Martinsx said:

I haven't played Final Fantasy XIV yet but I jumped right across it to FFXV because of how some people told me about the game which is true in some way, it's only the issue of the game seeming to me somehow gay based that I don't like about it but over all, it's a good game. Maybe I will still give FFXIV a try sooner or later. 

Lol, gay? What did you find gay about it? The haircuts? That's fairly normal for punk/pop guys in Japan. 

On 9/19/2018 at 8:01 PM, Dragoon McKnight said:

Final Fantasy XIV is an MMO, I played it for a long time. But I recently stopped. The game has become increasingly stale for me, and for those that do play it, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say Eureka is terrible. I played on the Leviathan server.

Lol, gay? What did you find gay about it? The haircuts? That's fairly normal for punk/pop guys in Japan. 

Yes, it's something about the looks of the male characters used in the game. To some extent, Japanese guys looks similar but when you take that part of the world out of the game context, you are definitely going to understand what I mean by seeing signs of gay in it. 

Damn, I was looking through the forum for FF XIV threads, and the only one I found has someone being homophobic in it 😔