Welcome

Navigation
  1. Forums
  2. How many more KH games do you think we'll get?
Sign in to follow this  
Kuzma

How many more KH games do you think we'll get?

It's the era of reboots and revivals, and it feels like everyone's favorite memories are coming back for another few appearances. That being said, how much do you think we'll get out of Kingdom Hearts returning to the scene? I've heard rumors that KH3 won't conclude the story, but even if it did, there's always the chance we'll get more spin-offs. I'm expecting at least two more main timeline games and one or two smaller titles. Normally I'd expect to see a handheld title but with Nintendo moving to the switch and phasing out the 3DS, and basically every other handheld console dying a slow death at this point, I'm not so sure about that. 

From the game's creator himself, KH3 is going to be the last game in the "Kingdom Hearts Franchise". Meaning that should they want to continue the story of KH in the future, it is going to be under a different title. You know how these games do things. They'll make an entirely new game and reference KH in a way as a nod to the fans.

I believe Kingdom Hearts 3 will be the conclusion of Kingdom Hearts and there will be no Kingdom Hearts game after it. I hope they still make another Kingdom Hearts game though. I really like this series and I am sad that this will be the final game. I wish they could do a spin-off but still maintain the same gameplay.

there is an upcoming KH mobile game, titled Dark Road, which puts the spotlight on Xehanort's and Eraqus's youth. I'd be excited if story development in that game pertains to events in future KH console games!