FFExtreme Forums
Sign in to follow this  
superlicca

Best brand and specs of laptop

I have my old laptop but I am planning to buy a new one since this laptop gives me a low performance. It takes time to load or open another tab. I think this is something to do with the fact that I only use Intel Celeron. Do you have any suggestions for the brand or specs of laptop that I should check first before buying? Your opinion is much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Any Intel Core brand processor and at least 8GB of memory would cover most needs. Though I aim for i5 or i7 and 16GB memory just to give it plenty to work off of and they aren't "too" pricy for a computer.

I'm not up-to-date on the best mobile AMD processors though, but that might be a brand to look at for cheaper options while still being powerful.

I trust ASUS when it comes to laptops. My friends own ASUS laptops and when the time comes that there is something wrong with the hardware, replacement parts are really easy to come by. Though not own as a Chinese company, I believe there stuff are top notch and doesn't fall to the usual Chinese = crap products. Customer service is also on point with the experience of my friends with their graphics cards, laptops and phones.

I own a MSI laptop and when it had problems with the motherboard, the local retailer doesn't even have the stuff to replace it with. I have to pay for shipping to the USA if I wanted to get it replaced. I didn't go through with it and had to settle with just selling the laptop for pieces that still worked.

On 10/19/2018 at 4:02 AM, Derek said:

Any Intel Core brand processor and at least 8GB of memory would cover most needs. Though I aim for i5 or i7 and 16GB memory just to give it plenty to work off of and they aren't "too" pricy for a computer.

I'm not up-to-date on the best mobile AMD processors though, but that might be a brand to look at for cheaper options while still being powerful.

Thanks. I heard that i3 and above are recommended for those who work online. But they are too pricey. I think, I need to have more budget to buy the right device. 

14 minutes ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

I trust ASUS when it comes to laptops. My friends own ASUS laptops and when the time comes that there is something wrong with the hardware, replacement parts are really easy to come by. Though not own as a Chinese company, I believe there stuff are top notch and doesn't fall to the usual Chinese = crap products. Customer service is also on point with the experience of my friends with their graphics cards, laptops and phones.

I own a MSI laptop and when it had problems with the motherboard, the local retailer doesn't even have the stuff to replace it with. I have to pay for shipping to the USA if I wanted to get it replaced. I didn't go through with it and had to settle with just selling the laptop for pieces that still worked.

Thanks. ASUS is the brand of the laptop that my sister uses. I never tried this brand before but people say that it is one of the best brands for Laptop. I am currently using HP laptop and it is good. The only problem is the loading issue when opening another tab and this is because of the specs. 

Just now, superlicca said:

Thanks. ASUS is the brand of the laptop that my sister uses. I never tried this brand before but people say that it is one of the best brands for Laptop. I am currently using HP laptop and it is good. The only problem is the loading issue when opening another tab and this is because of the specs. 

I've had experience with a HP laptop before. That was way back a decade ago. It broke only after 2 years and since HP isn't that well known in my country, we had no choice when repairing it. Even third party repair shops don't have the replacement parts to order. HP isn;t really a good brand that speaks of quality from what I've read on the internet. I browse reviews once in a while on stuff I'd like to purchase. The ones on HP is bad.

1 minute ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

I've had experience with a HP laptop before. That was way back a decade ago. It broke only after 2 years and since HP isn't that well known in my country, we had no choice when repairing it. Even third party repair shops don't have the replacement parts to order. HP isn;t really a good brand that speaks of quality from what I've read on the internet. I browse reviews once in a while on stuff I'd like to purchase. The ones on HP is bad.

I did not know that. I thought HP was a good brand.  I am using this brand for one year and I never encountered any issue yet when it comes to the device. I did not go to any shop to have it repaired. It is the specs that are not good with this device. But thanks a lot for your information. 

To the TS, go for at least an Intel i3 (now on 8th gen) to get the most out of your system. I have an Intel Celeron laptop last year with four gigs of RAM, and I am so disappointed that a month later I bought a new one and sold the Celeron for 15% less.

Regarding brands, I am always in favor of Dell for no specific reason whatsoever. I'm weird.

I think that Dell laptops are way better than all other brands available in the market. I Hva heard that they also have a very good customer support system. I am currently using an HP laptop and so far I have not experienced any major problems with it. I  would have definitely gone for a Dell laptop instead of HP if I had a higher budget available with me to buy it.