Welcome

Navigation
  1. Forums
  2. Final Fantasy VII: Remake
Andriux

Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Let’s talk what is everyone’s thoughts on FF7R? Mechanics and overall gameplay and story?

Personally I’ve enjoyed it thus far, however some of the chapters are pretty lengthy. For example. I’m currently on Chapter 11, Train Graveyard is a lot of back and forth, but hey that’s what FF7 was all about wasn’t it?! 😅

6428A9A8-F5D2-449C-A7C4-96FBC00C9E00.jpeg

Yeah, the chapters really vary in length. I wrote the FFE review for the game, though writing isn't my strong suit but hopefully I did alright lol: https://ffextreme.com/ff7remake

I enjoyed the game. I feel as long as people see it as a new entity in a familiar setting (a "what if") rather than a replacement, they'll probably like it too. I loved the atmosphere, it had good voice acting, was gorgeous, and the gameplay is fun. I mean, never been big on turn-based systems, so I'm a little bias there. However, I feel they balanced it well with the whole time slow down thing when navigating menus, something that's super annoying with the KH games menu.

Super excited for the next episode.

• Like 1

I hope they do release it via Xbox and PC, but Sony has exclusivity for the next year.

I may have bought a PS4 slim for this game >.> Though, also got a lot of other games with it lol.

I really enjoy it. I think they've made a really good job of breaking it up successfully, I was really worried that cutting it down to the Midgar segment would leave it lacking but 40hrs in and I'm still plugging away towards that platinum trophy! 

• This 1

Played to demo, but haven't purchased the game yet. Did redeem the Butterfingers deals to get the DLC stuff, so I have that to look forward to whenever I do get FFVIIR.