Welcome

Navigation
  1. Forums
  2. What order to play FF7 games
Sign in to follow this  
ROBYER1

What order to play FF7 games

I'm fairly new to 7 as I've been playing the FF games in reverse order and finished off 10 recently.

Should I start with the PS1 original FF7, then play crisis core then FF7 remake?

Hi - 

first go around with 7? 
at this point why not enjoy the new one first and stay in the now?

if you digged it - then replaying the 97 release will be cool after because you compare/contrast the two tellings of the story. 

CC and Dirge are good lore, but likely you’ll watch online easier then grabbing a PS Vita ha. Have fun!

If you wanna get into the lore from start to finish in linear order then try going this route:

Before Crisis (mobile game, you’ll probably have trouble ever finding this one, so check YouTube, it’s a neat story from a different perspective, however, it kinda overlaps with CC)  -> Crisis Core -> Final Fantasy 7 (remake/original) -> Advent Children (CGI sequel) -> Dirge of Cerberus (video game sequel, taking place after AC)

OR

Just play CC and then FF7R to get the gist of everything. Keep in mind FF7R is releasing in parts so if you want the complete story from start to finish sooner rather than later you’d have to play the original FF7 (which is long as hell lol), its your choice have fun!

1 hour ago, Andriux said:

If you wanna get into the lore from start to finish in linear order then try going this route:

Before Crisis (mobile game, you’ll probably have trouble ever finding this one, so check YouTube, it’s a neat story from a different perspective, however, it kinda overlaps with CC)  -> Crisis Core -> Final Fantasy 7 (remake/original) -> Advent Children (CGI sequel) -> Dirge of Cerberus (video game sequel, taking place after AC)

Since FF7R is rewriting some events, Advent Children and DoC might not be accurate to the Remake's story. So, I'm unsure if they're interchangeable here. I'd go on about why but I definitely don't want to spoil it.

• Like 2