Welcome

Navigation
  1. Forums
  2. Who is your favorite Final Fantasy character?
Martinsx

Who is your favorite Final Fantasy character?

There are so many characters to choose from among all those that have come up in all the Final Fantasy games for those that have played the ones that they could get. I have few of them that I love so much but my favorite among them are Noctis and  Sephiroth. 

I may also have to go with Noctis. Final Fantasy XV is the latest Final Fantasy game that I've played and it is still quite fresh in my memory, unlike the older games. Noctis' character development is great and his thinking and decision-making skills have matured as the end of the game/story approaches.

I don't really have a favorite. I was a fan of Cecil Harvey and Kain Highwind from Final Fantasy IV, but it was my first one and that's most likely nostalgia talking. I liked Noctis, wasn't a fan of the haircut, but I liked him as a character. Decent development and SE didn't seem to make him overly emo/moody or super cheery to make him unique like some other titles. 

On 9/19/2018 at 4:34 PM, EfficientNinja said:

I may also have to go with Noctis. Final Fantasy XV is the latest Final Fantasy game that I've played and it is still quite fresh in my memory, unlike the older games. Noctis' character development is great and his thinking and decision-making skills have matured as the end of the game/story approaches.

I think that for the fact that the most current Final Fantasy game's protagonist was Noctis, it's actually why most people favor him to being their most liked character in the game. But I would say that Square Enix went a long way to make him incredibly strong and cute too to make him be very likable. Don't you think so? 

10 hours ago, Martinsx said:

I would say that Square Enix went a long way to make him incredibly strong and cute too to make him be very likable. Don't you think so? 

Ah, you're not wrong, but that's a Japan thing. But the same could be said about the vast majority of JRPG's out there. There are a few exceptions out there, but it's always been an RPG thing. Only one I can think of where that wasn't a poster child for pretty looking boy bands was the main character from Nier Gestalt.

13 hours ago, Dragoon McKnight said:

Ah, you're not wrong, but that's a Japan thing. But the same could be said about the vast majority of JRPG's out there. There are a few exceptions out there, but it's always been an RPG thing. Only one I can think of where that wasn't a poster child for pretty looking boy bands was the main character from Nier Gestalt.

Exactly! That's the point which I have been trying to stress. It's a general thing with RPG and Square Enix with its FF games didn't take its foot off the gas in following that pattern of looks with its characters. Gamers do love it though because not everyone complained about it. 

Cloud is my choice because he was quite a loser growing up, which relate to me as a kid (though I never recognized it until I was almost a grown-up). He didn't get to fulfill his childhood dream and joined the ranks of SOLDIER and became an FF7 stormtrooper. Despite his flaws, he still was able to exterminate Sephiroth, and ultimately save the world.

I like all the characters from the Final Fantasy 8 series, but my favorite character is Zack from the Crisis Core: Final Fantasy game. That game actually introduced my to FF7. I didn't knew at that time that this game was actually a prequel to Final Fantasy 7. It was only when I beat the game that I realized it.

Final Fantasy has produced a lot of memorable characters like Cloud, Lightning, Chocobos, and Moogles. Out of all the characters FF has generated, I have two favorites.

When I was in high school, my Favorite was Squall Lionheart. I thought he was so cool with his leather jacket, long hair and handsome face. I tried to be like him and tried to imitate his hair style. I still like him today as evidenced by my avatar. Haha! And boy, he got a very pretty girlfriend!

Aside from Squall, I also like Vivi from Final Fantasy IX. He's so cute and so innocent and fragile. I love the conceptualization of Vivi's character.

Yuna is my favorite character. She is cute and desirable. You will be amazed by her white magic. I think she is one of the interesting characters of Final Fantasy and I want to have a costume like hers.

My favorite ff character is Lightning. Lightning is an extremely solid individual, and I don't mean physically I mean rationally. At the point when circumstances become difficult or revolting she just continues onward. She would give it her best shot to ensure her loved ones to say the very least. She knows the estimation of assurance and core interest. She knows you can be your most prominent adversary.

I'd have to say Vivi from Final Fantasy IX and Cid Highwind from Final Fantasy VII.

Vivi's character design is unique and he is just so darn cute. It's always good to have a high powered mage when playing a fantasy RPG, and Vivi serves this purpose more than adequately.

Cid is an old, disgruntled mechanical scientist with failed dreams of travelling to space. His surly temperament and chain smoking may be off putting to some, but it all makes for a unique, interesting character that provides an intriguing story and a few laughs along the way. He's also quite useful in battle, with a high damage for his attack and devastating limit breaks, he's always in my party.    

On 9/23/2018 at 4:49 PM, Martinsx said:

I think that for the fact that the most current Final Fantasy game's protagonist was Noctis, it's actually why most people favor him to being their most liked character in the game. But I would say that Square Enix went a long way to make him incredibly strong and cute too to make him be very likable. Don't you think so? 

I think so too. If you watch Naruto, you would notice that they almost copied Sasuke's character. Their looks, especially the hairdo and fighting style looks very similar. You could almost say it was Sasuke while watching the FFXV Brotherhood short animated series.

On 9/25/2018 at 1:13 PM, NerdIndeed said:

Cloud is my choice because he was quite a loser growing up, which relate to me as a kid (though I never recognized it until I was almost a grown-up). He didn't get to fulfill his childhood dream and joined the ranks of SOLDIER and became an FF7 stormtrooper. Despite his flaws, he still was able to exterminate Sephiroth, and ultimately save the world.

Cloud had a very good fight with Sephiroth. I would say that it's one of the greatest duel in the game I loved so much. 

Between Cloud and Zack, who do you think is more stronger? I'm thinking it's Zack. 

Hard to tell, probably Noctis or Cloud. One of the ways for me to indicate that parametr is by judging the character by his combat style, and not just the looks. Both fit into that, that's why either of them. ?

On 9/19/2018 at 5:35 PM, Martinsx said:

There are so many characters to choose from among all those that have come up in all the Final Fantasy games for those that have played the ones that they could get. I have few of them that I love so much but my favorite among them are Noctis and  Sephiroth. 

Noctis awfully strikes me as a copy of Cloud Strife. There was also this video from YouTube showing Noctis battling. And the uploader have put the name Cloud below.  When I first watched it, it was like Cloud battling with omni slash mode. 

I decided to pick Shiva because I was searching for some FF artwork and I found a great image of Shiva!

Final Fantasy - Evolution of Shiva | YouTube

• Like 1