Jump to content

Welcome

Log In
Navigation
  1. Forums
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake Rumors
NerdIndeed

Final Fantasy VII Remake Rumors

Recommended Posts

Rumor has it that it won't be a traditional JRPG, It is going to be an action game with gameplay similar to Overwatch and Fortnite. It will not be the massive tactic RPG we all know it for and will focus more on the action. The absence of turn-based systems and instead of controlling a party, you will be a single player with AI support. Final Fantasy aficionados waited for this for decades, and this is not what we fans had envisioned.

On the other hand, the Resident Evil 2 remake is having positive reviews for fans. Hence Square Enix should listen to fans instead of trying to appeal to them of more popular games. Why alienate your fanbase?

Edited by NerdIndeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For years now, I have heard so much rumors about the remake of Final Fantasy VII and to be honest with you, I'm already bored to the skull with hearing one thing today and another thing tomorrow. 

Seriously, enough has been said already about this remake and I think that it's high time Square Enix released this FFVII remake and be done with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure they are releasing all of these articles and videos to hype it up. Part of the marketing perhaps? Nevertheless, you are right, and it's about time they stop and launch the game for the fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 9:51 AM, Martinsx said:

For years now, I have heard so much rumors about the remake of Final Fantasy VII and to be honest with you, I'm already bored to the skull with hearing one thing today and another thing tomorrow. 

Seriously, enough has been said already about this remake and I think that it's high time Square Enix released this FFVII remake and be done with it. 

One thing that you are going to know about this game is that it is not going to be easy for them as they are still trying to capture all the desires of the fans on this. It is something that is not really easy for them to do, but one thing that is sure is that they will make the VII a successful one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would want to play the game because I love the action-styled gameplay too. I love both turn-based and action combat but I prefer the action style like in Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XV because it is more engaging and fun to play. Our real problem here is if the game will get released and when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 3:11 PM, Henrywrites said:

One thing that you are going to know about this game is that it is not going to be easy for them as they are still trying to capture all the desires of the fans on this. It is something that is not really easy for them to do, but one thing that is sure is that they will make the VII a successful one. 

It's been years since we have been anticipating to have this remake done and still now, we are yet to have it out for us to enjoy. Seriously, it's beginning to get most fans of Final Fantasy games frustrated with the too long wait. Hopefully, it's going to be finalized sooner than later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be so funny and disappointing if they've released statements all this time then, in the end, it will not turn into reality. All I'm asking is they stop doing this and just release the remake as soon as it gets done. Stop keeping our hopes up, a lot of us fans are highly anticipating it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NerdIndeed said:

It would be so funny and disappointing if they've released statements all this time then, in the end, it will not turn into reality. All I'm asking is they stop doing this and just release the remake as soon as it gets done. Stop keeping our hopes up, a lot of us fans are highly anticipating it.

Exactly! This is the exact same opinion and feeling that I have about the prolonged speculation and anticipation of the release of Final Fantasy VII remake. I would say that most Final Fantasy games fans have reached their limit and boiling expectations with the game. Square Enix should do the needful because we are getting tired of waiting for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Martinsx said:

Exactly! This is the exact same opinion and feeling that I have about the prolonged speculation and anticipation of the release of Final Fantasy VII remake. I would say that most Final Fantasy games fans have reached their limit and boiling expectations with the game. Square Enix should do the needful because we are getting tired of waiting for it. 

Yes. There is a lot of misconceptions about the development of this game and rumor has it that we should expect it by 2020 or after by a little. I do not know what to believe anymore. Just don't make it too long as fans might lose interest in the end because they got tied up with new ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't play Final Fantasy 7, but I did play its prequel Crisis Core. It was an amazing game and that is what got me excited for FF7, but the rumor about that game has been ongoing since crisis core and nothing has come to fruition as of yet. I for one think that FF8 deserves a remake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NerdIndeed said:

Yes. There is a lot of misconceptions about the development of this game and rumor has it that we should expect it by 2020 or after by a little. I do not know what to believe anymore. Just don't make it too long as fans might lose interest in the end because they got tied up with new ones.

In all honesty, it's been a long road and tiring wait for all the Final Fantasy games fans with the remake of Final Fantasy 7. I will tell you that I'm already worn out with the wait, so I'm no longer expecting it till any time it comes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna agree with Martin. For a long time, Square Enix has been establishing a track record of development cycles for hyped games that get delayed. FFXV, KH3 are two that come to mind, with FFXV being the biggest offender on delayed production. 

I've learned not to get my hopes up too high with Square. No telling when the remake will come out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of the moment there are no announcement of Square Enix  regarding the remake of VII. Peep is about the undertaking in some time, so now, your figure is on a par with our own. Would we be able to see a refresh of VII?, or will the distributer defer the task further?  We'll discover in only a couple of brief weeks when Square Enix announce it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 11:48 PM, anyone01 said:

As of the moment there are no announcement of Square Enix  regarding the remake of VII. Peep is about the undertaking in some time, so now, your figure is on a par with our own. Would we be able to see a refresh of VII?, or will the distributer defer the task further?  We'll discover in only a couple of brief weeks when Square Enix announce it.

I don't think the company is going to be making any public announcement any time soon about when the Final Fantasy VII remake will be released. It's all been up for speculation for a long time now and even till this moment, there hasn't been any beep from the headquarters of Square Enix or their public relations liason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2018 at 4:11 PM, Martinsx said:

I don't think the company is going to be making any public announcement any time soon about when the Final Fantasy VII remake will be released. It's all been up for speculation for a long time now and even till this moment, there hasn't been any beep from the headquarters of Square Enix or their public relations liason. 

Personally I couldn't care about the rumours spreading about the remake of FFVII as long as it is for the best for everyone particularly now. Yes this is all a speculation but I am looking forward to see if this rumour is true or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, anyone01 said:

Personally I couldn't care about the rumours spreading about the remake of FFVII as long as it is for the best for everyone particularly now. Yes this is all a speculation but I am looking forward to see if this rumour is true or not.

As do we all, the information first emanated from the company Square Enix, so there is bound to be rumors on with it's likely to be released since there wasn't any specific date mentioned by the company. 

So, some people would just make up rumors about its time just to get hits and traffic to their site because they are well aware of people's need for the remake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We still have Kingdom Hearts 3 to fill up our time with while we wait for Final Fantasy VII Remake if it ever does come out in the future. I am sure there are tons of stuff to do in Kingdom Hearts 3 because they feature a lot of worlds and maybe more side stuff like those found on Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little insight on FF7 involving delays and the lack of communication. The game was, for a while, in the hands of another company. After a year or so, the project was taken away and brought back in house to Square Enix. The new director is Tetsuya Nomura, he's responsible for the original story of FF7, and has worked on the vast majority of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Heart games. He was also the director of Final Fantasy Versus XIII... which we now know as Final Fantasy XV.

Short version? Square Enix didn't like what was being done with said contractors and they took the project back. Now they're working on it themselves. Unfortunately, they're leaving people in the dust as far as news, whether or not they're reworking the game from scratch or just picking up where the contractor company left off. I just hope Nomura doesn't pull another Versus XIII and has it in development hell for nearly 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To say the truth I would want to play the game ,  the original being one of the first Final Fantasy games I ever played but I I tend to dislike remakes. The classic has still it's value , as old very good games do . But of course if it at last comes to be I will surely play it with nostalgia in my heart! In the end I hope the game is elevated to the place it belongs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tech Radar is a reliable publication. According to their report, dated October 2018, it's not a rumor. “Due to the success of Final Fantasy 7 over 20 years ago (and the pleads from die hard fans), Square Enix is releasing a remake.” (Source)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen a video where it looks like the game would be played in like a third person view. It doesn't have the old gameplay where you would take turns between the enemy. The gameplay that the Final Fantasy series had been its trademark but it looks like they're planning to change it to adapt with new modern games. However, many of us still prefer the old gameplay.  All I could say is that I hope that the remake would be phenomenal as much as the original one did. I hope it will be one of the best selling games or one of the most popular games of all time once again. I really loved the game so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 9:27 PM, cmoneyspinner said:

Tech Radar is a reliable publication. According to their report, dated October 2018, it's not a rumor. “Due to the success of Final Fantasy 7 over 20 years ago (and the pleads from die hard fans), Square Enix is releasing a remake.” (Source)

 

Continuing to confirm that the FF 7 Remake is not a rumor, if you check Amazon you will see that you can PRE-Order the PS4 game.  It will become available on December 31, 2019.  You will have to wait the entire year for it.  But it's coming.

Related Link:  Best PS4 Games 2019

Edited by cmoneyspinner
added info link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...