Welcome

Navigation
  1. Forums
  2. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days - Is it good?
Sign in to follow this  
EfficientNinja

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days - Is it good?

7 hours ago, EfficientNinja said:

I have played Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. However, I haven't played this title yet. Is it worth playing like the other games?

I have not played this game but I have watched all the cutscenes compiled into a single movie. There are lots of Youtube. I believe it's not worth playing if you already know the story. I did not own a DS at the time of release that's why. You could however use emulators for your computer. Spoiler alert: It's a tear jearker ending?

1 hour ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

I have not played this game but I have watched all the cutscenes compiled into a single movie. There are lots of Youtube. I believe it's not worth playing if you already know the story. I did not own a DS at the time of release that's why. You could however use emulators for your computer. Spoiler alert: It's a tear jearker ending?

I may have to play it on emulator since I also don't have a Nintendo DS. Is it a long game? I expect it to have a really sad ending because we all know Roxxas lost his memory at the start of Kingdom Hearts 2 and there are a few flashbacks from events that may have happened in 358/2 days. ?

Edited by EfficientNinja

On 9/27/2018 at 6:53 PM, EfficientNinja said:

I may have to play it on emulator since I also don't have a Nintendo DS. Is it a long game? I expect it to have a really sad ending because we all know Roxxas lost his memory at the start of Kingdom Hearts 2 and there are a few flashbacks from events that may have happened in 358/2 days. ?

Yes it is just as long as the earlier games on the consoles. Like the previous ones, there's lot of grinding. You visit the worlds Sora and the gang visited in KH1.  I won't spoil it for you. If you thought Roxas losing his memory was sad, you'd be glad he lost them as they were really depressing.

The reason why I don't plan to play it on an emulator, even on a smartphone, is that it just doesn't feel the same as if playing on a DS. I don't know I'm just making drama. That's also why I didn't play the DS Pokemon games. I tried them and it just doesn't feel right with the keyboard.

15 hours ago, rlpzbeermoney said:

Yes it is just as long as the earlier games on the consoles. Like the previous ones, there's lot of grinding. You visit the worlds Sora and the gang visited in KH1.  I won't spoil it for you. If you thought Roxas losing his memory was sad, you'd be glad he lost them as they were really depressing.

The reason why I don't plan to play it on an emulator, even on a smartphone, is that it just doesn't feel the same as if playing on a DS. I don't know I'm just making drama. That's also why I didn't play the DS Pokemon games. I tried them and it just doesn't feel right with the keyboard.

Thanks for the quick feedback on the game!

Sometimes I like getting spoiled a bit because I get a little teaser of what to expect from games. I have a gamepad that I can plug to my computer so at least it would feel the same when I play it. 

On 9/30/2018 at 11:15 PM, EfficientNinja said:

Thanks for the quick feedback on the game!

Sometimes I like getting spoiled a bit because I get a little teaser of what to expect from games. I have a gamepad that I can plug to my computer so at least it would feel the same when I play it. 

Well I think that works to some degree. Though I don't know how you're going to do touch actions. You'll have to use the mouse I guess. Good thing it's not a touch heavy game.

Have you started to play it yet? How is it? I'm contemplating playing it myself but I already know the story.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:14 AM, rlpzbeermoney said:

Well I think that works to some degree. Though I don't know how you're going to do touch actions. You'll have to use the mouse I guess. Good thing it's not a touch heavy game.

Have you started to play it yet? How is it? I'm contemplating playing it myself but I already know the story.

I haven't started playing it yet. I'm still occupied with Monster Hunter World. I think it will take a while before I put this game down because it's a lot of fun to grind for the high ranked equipment. ?

Haven't played 358/2 but viewed all the cutscenes via youtube. Looking forward to a port for home console someday...