Jump to content

Welcome

Log In or Sign Up
Navigation
  1. Forums
  2. Anybody here played Sleeping Dogs?
Sign in to follow this  
EfficientNinja

Anybody here played Sleeping Dogs?

Recommended Posts

Sleeping Dogs is an action game and is very similar to games like Grand Theft Auto. This game is more focused on melee combat compared to Grand Theft Auto which gives you access to firearms early in the game. Square Enix is involved with this game that's why we can expect a good story. I've finished this game a few years ago and I really liked it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the remaster off of the PlayStation Store, and I had it on PS3 a while back. I enjoyed it, the combat was pretty awesome. I've always been into martial arts beat em ups like Sleeping Dogs and the Batman Arkham series. I'd recommend Sleeping Dogs to anyone that enjoys action games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played it but I have no memorable moments to speak of. Is this the game that has like an Asian protagonist doing martial arts techniques to Yakuza/Triad opponents? If so, it was badass. If only they made the world bigger like GTA V, it would have been a bigger hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2018 at 10:57 AM, Dragoon McKnight said:

I bought the remaster off of the PlayStation Store, and I had it on PS3 a while back. I enjoyed it, the combat was pretty awesome. I've always been into martial arts beat em ups like Sleeping Dogs and the Batman Arkham series. I'd recommend Sleeping Dogs to anyone that enjoys action games.

The combat is really awesome! I always read about people praising Batham Arkham series. I may have to give it a try since I liked Sleeping Dogs' gameplay.

On 9/28/2018 at 4:19 PM, rlpzbeermoney said:

I've played it but I have no memorable moments to speak of. Is this the game that has like an Asian protagonist doing martial arts techniques to Yakuza/Triad opponents? If so, it was badass. If only they made the world bigger like GTA V, it would have been a bigger hit.

For me, there are many memorable moments in the game. The wedding that turned into a bloody dogfight is one of my favorites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not played it and would like to have a good at this game. I always enjoy such games that will keep me focused all through the time that I will be spending playing it.  One thing that I would like to know is if the game is online game or a mixture of both offline and online game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played this game before and it was good. It as a long game but I had fun since this game is more on shooting and punching. The graphic is nice and it is easy to navigate the menu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it was a pretty fun game. Although the combat was inspired by Arkham series, it added some uniqueness through different fighting styles. I wonder why they cancelled the sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 9:36 PM, Henrywrites said:

I have not played it and would like to have a good at this game. I always enjoy such games that will keep me focused all through the time that I will be spending playing it.  One thing that I would like to know is if the game is online game or a mixture of both offline and online game. 

You should give it a try. It is a pure offline game and it has a pretty decent story. It has good gameplay and it's the main reason I like it.

On 10/10/2018 at 7:52 PM, superlicca said:

I played this game before and it was good. It as a long game but I had fun since this game is more on shooting and punching. The graphic is nice and it is easy to navigate the menu. 

Agreed. The controls are very fluid and the graphics are nice as well.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:34 PM, GrayBrad said:

Yes, it was a pretty fun game. Although the combat was inspired by Arkham series, it added some uniqueness through different fighting styles. I wonder why they cancelled the sequel.

Sleeping Dogs was supposed to have a sequel? I wish they pushed through it. It was a great game and I want to play more games like these. I may have to try Arkham series because I haven't played any Batman game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, EfficientNinja said:

I may have to try Arkham series because I haven't played any Batman game.

Totally worth it. The older ones are fairly cheap now too. If you liked the combat in Sleeping Dogs, you'll love the Arkham games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dragoon McKnight said:

Totally worth it. The older ones are fairly cheap now too. If you liked the combat in Sleeping Dogs, you'll love the Arkham games.

Yup! And I recently watched the Batman trilogy films. I really like the second movie - The Dark Knight. For me, it's the best superhero film there is. I hope the Arkham games have stories that are equally good as that film or better. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EfficientNinja said:

Yup! And I recently watched the Batman trilogy films. I really like the second movie - The Dark Knight. For me, it's the best superhero film there is. I hope the Arkham games have stories that are equally good as that film or better. ?

The story is a little bit closer to what goes on in the comic books, but the storyline is still pretty good. The Arkham series was notable for getting acclaim for not only being fun as hell but because every other superhero game that came out was utter trash. I think that's still true, aside from the Injustice fighting games. That I'm aware of anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard about this game, but the I was disinterested because of the title. I thought at first that it is a kids game, now that I know other details of it I might try and play this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nrnlss said:

I've heard about this game, but the I was disinterested because of the title. I thought at first that it is a kids game, now that I know other details of it I might try and play this one. 

Definitely not a kids game, so give it a go. If you have a PS4, I don't think the remaster costs much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've watch a game on this one but I haven't played it yet. I want to, but I dont have a budget for a new game. I wish I am not broke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

?I have heard about this game a couple of times in the past from my friends but have never played. The name of the game is not that inspiring and one gets an impression that is made for school going kids. now that I know that it is somewhat  interesting to play this game I will try it out soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool. Honestly, this is my first time hearing about that game. I appreciate your thought of sharing it here and I got interested. Since it is somehow similar to GTA, I'll ask my brother who is quite like to play GTA a lot than me so that we can try and review Sleeping Dogs. The first thing that got me curious about is its title. I wonder why they named it as Sleeping Dogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have played this game in the past, it was a good catching game, I didn't finish as you did. I gave up on this game as I did with the other games to play Counter-Strike and Minecraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...